These skills were developed in response to the improved strength and speed of the Type-S Nova. There is the 'Accel Turn', which accelerates a Pandora's movements, and the 'Tempest Turn', which splits a Pandora into copies of herself to attack a target in masses. The only technique not to be developed by Kazuha was the Illusion Turn, a teleporting ability utilized by Chiffon Fairchild, which is eventually revealed to be the original Turn Kazuha used as a base to develop Accel and Tempest. As a result, both are lesser versions of Illusion Turn.
Following the 8th Nova Clash, Genetics academies quickly began teaching these skills to all Pandora, with the earliest instance seen in 2062. Despite the strength and danger of these techniques, Roxanne Elipton demonstrated that they can be easily stopped by stepping on the opponent's feet before or while the Pandora attempts to "turn".
- Main article: Accel Turn
- Main article: Tempest Turn
- Main article: Illusion Turn
Combination Accel-Tempest is a unique skill that only the most proficient among Accel users can perform. The technique entails two Pandora utilizing Accel-Tempest in tandem to overwhelm an opponent with speed and confusion. As Satellizer and Arnett are the only known Pandora so far capable of using Accel-Tempest, this technique is currently exclusive to them.
- A Pandora can generally only use Accel Turn or Tempest Turn; Pandora capable of both are a rarity. Elizabeth Mably is one such individual capable of utilizing both turns independently of one another.
- Even though the High End Skills are taught to third year students there are talented first and second year students would have learned these techniques on their own.
- Su-Na Lee was one of the first Pandora to learn a High End Skill.
- ↑ Freezing manga; Chapter 123